What I have to say.

Welcome to my blog. Please wipe your feet, and make yourself at home. Love you, bye x

Friday 21 May 2010

THE END





Last night saw the ending to our Planning and Making a Film module... and it went with a bang.

All our films were showcased at The Little Theatre in Bath and it was an absolutely amazing night. It was so interesting seeing everyones films on a big screen, and although I had already watched all the other films, it was just excellent to see them in that kind of environment. It was great to see all the changes that people had made since their rough cuts, and personally I thought that The Cure [Dir. Liz Scott] really turned their film around with the narrative. It made the story line much smoother and added a depth to the main character.

I also really enjoyed what Lydia Beardmore did with my script "R.S.V.P". After seeing the rough cut I really hoped that they pick up the pace of the film a bit more... which they did. They added some excellent music and overall the film was a success. In comparison with my script it was definitely more 'censored' it could have been a lot messier... but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. It was a really interesting experience writing a script but to then have absolutely no involvement in producing it.

I said in my previous post "Editing and Final Cut the second time around" - I felt quite disappointed with how our film turned out, so I was really nervous about other people viewing it and how it would be received. But the audience's reaction was overwhelming.

As soon as the opening titles came up, my heart was in my mouth, and I don't think I have ever felt my chest beat that hard before. "Katy this would be the worst possible time to have a heart attack" was literally all that was going through my head. This was the first time any film I had made, had been publicly shown. It was exhilarating. The audience laughed at all the right moments, and even at unintended moments too, which was wonderful. So I found myself sat there actually enjoying our film properly for the first time. But the applause was absolutely amazing. I'm not gonna lie.... I LOVED IT! That has to be the best feeling in the world.

The Interview [Dir. Gus Newby] won the audiences' vote, and we also won a bottle of champagne coming 2nd - Which we drank with much appreciation. The majority of groups then strolled over to the Westgate for more celebratory drinks.

The whole night meant so much to me. I'm so glad we had this opportunity, because I think this is something I would really like to do in the future.

I really want to thank all the cast and crew for putting so much effort into making Dans L'Esprit: The Vision. Also thanks to Mike Johnston for all his help, and for organizing the event at The Little Theatre.


THE END

x






No comments:

Post a Comment